Lapostolle Cuvee Alexandre Carmenere 2020

Lapostolle Cuvee Alexandre Carmenere 2020

$55.00

Spicy, yet exuberant, with black and red plums, cumin, fennel and some fine mineral accents. Pure and bright with a densely packed, full-bodied palate. Powerful yet tense and polished tannins. 85% carmenere, 12% syrah and 3% petit verdot. Drinkable now, but better from 2024.

In stock

Add to Wishlist
Add to Wishlist
SKU: 440073-202075 Categories: , ,

Source: jamessuckling.com. Issue Date: Wednesday, June 8, 2022 (JS-93)

Spicy, yet exuberant, with black and red plums, cumin, fennel and some fine mineral accents. Pure and bright with a densely packed, full-bodied palate. Powerful yet tense and polished tannins. 85% carmenere, 12% syrah and 3% petit verdot. Drinkable now, but better from 2024.

Source: Winemaker

Region Rapel Valley
Grape 85% Carmenere and 15% Syrah.

Tasting
- Color: Carmine red with violet hues.
- Nose: Fresh nose with red fruit notes such as strawberries and plums, along with red paprika and spices.
- Palate: Medium structure with very nice red fruit expression, juicy tannins and good balance.
- Service and Food Pairing: Serve from 15C (59F) to 17C (62F). The ideal companion for grilled red meat and medium seasoned dishes. Perfect for a corn pie or a grilled corvina drum with paprika.

Harvest
The season started with a cold and rainy winter in 2017, leaving enough water reserves in the groundand.. Spring 2017 did not register important frosts and moved forward with good conditions, allowing an excellent bud break. From December 2017 until mid-February 2018, maximum temperatures were moderate, extending berry set, verasion
and ripening. March was fresh, allowing a slow sugar accumulation without losing acidity, key to obtain wines with great balance. Fall didn?t brought rains letting the latest varieties to be harvested during optimal dates.

Vinification
Grapes were harvested and carefully transported to the winery in Colchagua. We obtained clean and pure fruit with strict quality control thanks to the state of the art technology, our Vistalys optical berries selection for 98% of the grapes and the remaining 2% was hand destemmed. 100% of the grapes were fermented in stainless steel tanks at 28-30?C with gentle extraction methods. Maceration lasted up to 4 weeks to extract structure and color. After maceration 30% of the wine was aged for 5 months in French Oak barrels to add an extra layer of complexity but keep the expression of the fruit. The wine was lightly fined and filtered before bottling.

Additional information

Product Type

Brand

Vintage

Volume

Country

Region

Grape

Maturity

Expert Rating

Sweetness

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.

Cart

Categories

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This
0
    0
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop