Grape variety: Chardonnay
Situation: A blend of the best parcels from Fuiss?’s amphitheatre.
Age of the vines
Planted between 20178 and 1947, a little more than 70 years separate the youngest vines from the oldest. The average age is 40 years. You might like to know that one of the oldest plots used in this cuv?e (Les Vernays, planted in 1955) is the source of the massal selection made by the domaine.
Within this one cuv?e you can find a snapshot of Fuiss?’s geologicla complexity. A third of the vines are grown on west-facing granit soil – a mixture of schists, volcanic sedimentary sands and rhyolitic tuff – the remainder, wich face east, are mostly planted on limestone and Jurassic marls, but there are also some deposits of clay.
Just over half the wine (55%) is matured in stainless steel tanks, and the remaining 45% in barrels, none of which are new (2nd to 5th use only). Bottled in November 2019, with the waning moon, on a fruit day.
A pleasing balance between weight and freshness. Good tension and restrained fruit, promising characteristics in a wine during this sunny vintage.
Shellfish and molluscs, seafood risotto, grilled or pan-fried fish, veal cutlets with creamy sauces, goat’s cheeses and hard cow’s milk cheeses.
There are no reviews yet.