Source: The Wine Advocate; Published: Apr 28, 2023 (RP-94-96)
One of the Médoc’s most powerful wines this year is the 2022 Ducru-Beaucaillou, a blend of 82% Cabernet Sauvignon and 18% Merlot that opens in the glass with aromas of dark cherries and berries mingled with pencils shavings, vanilla pod and spices. Full-bodied, broad-shouldered and muscular, with a core of ripe but lively fruit underpinned by a chassis of powdery, liberally extracted tannin that asserts itself on the finish, it’s a punchy, modern Saint-Julien reminiscent of a hypothetical blend of the 2018 and 2020.
Source: jamessuckling.com. Issue Date: Wednesday, April 19, 2023 (JS-97-98)
Some much creme de cassis and blackcurrant aromas and flavors here. Full-bodied with powerful tannins, yet fine and layered. Chewy. You can really feel the thick grape skins here. Excellent length. Tannins spread across the palate. Minerally and crushed stone.
Offer: Enjoy a 2% rebate when you pay via bank transfer or PayNow
Terms & Conditions
* All 2022 En Primeur orders are subject to stock availability and to our written order confirmation.
* All En Primeur orders are not eligible for promotional offers, discounts, or Club 1855 reward privileges such as reward points.
* Vouchers issued by 1855 The Bottle Shop are not valid for En-Primeur orders.
* In the event where Credit Card/PayPal payments have been processed for out-of-stock items, customers will be refunded the value of the out-of-stock items.
* For Bank Transfer/ PayNow payments, customers have to make full payment within 1 working day of receiving written confirmation from 1855 The Bottle Shop to finalise the order. If the order is not paid within 1 day, 1855 The Bottle Shop will cancel the order and allocations will be released.
* For Bank Transfer/ PayNow payments, a 2% rebate will be offered. This rebate will be used to offset the balance payment in 2025.
* Original wooden cases (OWC) will only be guaranteed for orders of 6 or 12 bottles (or increments of 6 or 12) for each individual label.
* All 2022 En Primeur prices are quoted in Singapore Dollars (ex-cellar in Bordeaux), excluding freight, insurance, alcohol duty & goods and services tax (GST).
* Delivery of wines will occur in approximately second/third quarter of 2025, when the bottled wines are released. Customers will be notified of approximate delivery date 2 months in advance. Wines will be delivered to a Singapore address only.
* Prior to delivery of wines, an additional amount (approximately S$20.00 per 750ml bottle) will be invoiced to customers in order to cover shipping charges, insurance, handling and alcohol duty. GST at the prevailing rate then will also be levied on the total imported value of the wines.
* 1855 The Bottle Shop will store the wines for customers for up to 30 days from the advised delivery date. Additional storage charges will apply if customers fail to collect the wines within 30 days from the advised delivery date.
* Any shortage, damage or incorrect delivery should be reported within 24 hours upon receipt of goods.