Source: jamessuckling.com. Issue Date: Wednesday, April 19, 2023 (JS-96-97)
The fine and intense tannins are very impressive because they fold beautifully into the wine, with blackcurrants, black cherries, hints of chocolate and hazelnuts. It’s full-bodied with tight and focused fruit and a long and classy finish. Fantastic definition to this. Fresh. 60.5% cabernet sauvignon, 31.5% merlot, 5.5% cabernet franc, and 2.5% petit verdot.
Source: The Wine Advocate; Published: Apr 28, 2023 (RP-95-97)
A brilliant wine that’s the finest young vintage I’ve tasted at this Saint-Julien estate, the 2022 Branaire-Ducru wafts from the glass with aromas of violets, blackberries, sweet cassis, licorice and pencil shavings, followed by a medium to full-bodied, layered and multidimensional palate that’s succulent, sapid and perfumed, framed by supple tannins and concluding with a long, mouthwatering finish. It’s a blend of 60.5% Cabernet Sauvignon, 31.5% Merlot, 5.5% Cabernet Franc and 2.5% Petit Verdot that checks in at a healthy pH of 3.65. Why is it so good this year? In addition to the quality of the vintage, the new gravity-flow winery means fruit can be handled more gently, and picked more precisely, sub-block by sub-block, as the team now have fully 63 vats at their disposal, almost double their capacity through 2020. Given the Maroteaux family’s sensible approach to pricing, this is likely to number among the must-purchase wines of the 2022 vintage, and it comes warmly recommended.
Offer: Enjoy a 2% rebate when you pay via bank transfer or PayNow
Terms & Conditions
* All 2022 En Primeur orders are subject to stock availability and to our written order confirmation.
* All En Primeur orders are not eligible for promotional offers, discounts, or Club 1855 reward privileges such as reward points.
* Vouchers issued by 1855 The Bottle Shop are not valid for En-Primeur orders.
* In the event where Credit Card/PayPal payments have been processed for out-of-stock items, customers will be refunded the value of the out-of-stock items.
* For Bank Transfer/ PayNow payments, customers have to make full payment within 1 working day of receiving written confirmation from 1855 The Bottle Shop to finalise the order. If the order is not paid within 1 day, 1855 The Bottle Shop will cancel the order and allocations will be released.
* For Bank Transfer/ PayNow payments, a 2% rebate will be offered. This rebate will be used to offset the balance payment in 2025.
* Original wooden cases (OWC) will only be guaranteed for orders of 6 or 12 bottles (or increments of 6 or 12) for each individual label.
* All 2022 En Primeur prices are quoted in Singapore Dollars (ex-cellar in Bordeaux), excluding freight, insurance, alcohol duty & goods and services tax (GST).
* Delivery of wines will occur in approximately second/third quarter of 2025, when the bottled wines are released. Customers will be notified of approximate delivery date 2 months in advance. Wines will be delivered to a Singapore address only.
* Prior to delivery of wines, an additional amount (approximately S$20.00 per 750ml bottle) will be invoiced to customers in order to cover shipping charges, insurance, handling and alcohol duty. GST at the prevailing rate then will also be levied on the total imported value of the wines.
* 1855 The Bottle Shop will store the wines for customers for up to 30 days from the advised delivery date. Additional storage charges will apply if customers fail to collect the wines within 30 days from the advised delivery date.
* Any shortage, damage or incorrect delivery should be reported within 24 hours upon receipt of goods.