Source: The Wine Advocate, Published: Apr 28, 2023 (RP-96-98)
This estate’s shift in the direction of gentler extraction and more reductive, less overtly oaky élevage continues, and this extreme vintage only underlines that. Fermented at cool temperatures (20 to 23 degrees Celsius), and with an increasing proportion of the wine’s Cabernet Franc component matured in large wooden foudres, the 2022 Angélus wafts from the glass with deep aromas of dark berries and cherries mingled with hints of iris, licorice and pencil lead. Full-bodied, deep and seamless, with a layered core of cool, vibrant fruit, powdery tannins and a long, saline finish, it’s a brilliant young wine in the making. The 2022 is a blend of 53% Merlot, 46% Cabernet Franc and 1% Petit Verdot.
Source: www.jamessuckling.com, Issue Date:Wednesday, April 19, 2023 (JS-98-99)
So many beautiful primary fruit aromas. Al dente. Peaches. Very floral. Aromatic. Full-bodied and extremely fine tannins with length and beauty that show incredible depth. Superb brightness and reality. Exciting. Cabernet franc freshness and dynamics come through now, even though the blend is 60% merlot and 40% cabernet franc.
Offer: Enjoy a 2% rebate when you pay via bank transfer or PayNow
Terms & Conditions
* All 2022 En Primeur orders are subject to stock availability and to our written order confirmation.
* All En Primeur orders are not eligible for promotional offers, discounts, or Club 1855 reward privileges such as reward points.
* Vouchers issued by 1855 The Bottle Shop are not valid for En-Primeur orders.
* In the event where Credit Card/PayPal payments have been processed for out-of-stock items, customers will be refunded the value of the out-of-stock items.
* For Bank Transfer/ PayNow payments, customers have to make full payment within 1 working day of receiving written confirmation from 1855 The Bottle Shop to finalise the order. If the order is not paid within 1 day, 1855 The Bottle Shop will cancel the order and allocations will be released.
* For Bank Transfer/ PayNow payments, a 2% rebate will be offered. This rebate will be used to offset the balance payment in 2025.
* Original wooden cases (OWC) will only be guaranteed for orders of 6 or 12 bottles (or increments of 6 or 12) for each individual label.
* All 2022 En Primeur prices are quoted in Singapore Dollars (ex-cellar in Bordeaux), excluding freight, insurance, alcohol duty & goods and services tax (GST).
* Delivery of wines will occur in approximately second/third quarter of 2025, when the bottled wines are released. Customers will be notified of approximate delivery date 2 months in advance. Wines will be delivered to a Singapore address only.
* Prior to delivery of wines, an additional amount (approximately S$20.00 per 750ml bottle) will be invoiced to customers in order to cover shipping charges, insurance, handling and alcohol duty. GST at the prevailing rate then will also be levied on the total imported value of the wines.
* 1855 The Bottle Shop will store the wines for customers for up to 30 days from the advised delivery date. Additional storage charges will apply if customers fail to collect the wines within 30 days from the advised delivery date.
* Any shortage, damage or incorrect delivery should be reported within 24 hours upon receipt of goods.