What is En Primeur
"EN PRIMEUR" is a French wine trade term for wine which is sold as a 'future' whilst still in barrel. Barrel samples are tasted annually by critics and merchants. The wine is then offered to consumers on the promise of delivery at a later date once the wine is bottled and shipped, typically two years after the En Primeur.
Wines purchased during the En Primeur offer period will be noticeably cheaper than after they are bottled, and the value of wines may increase substantially in the two years from an En Primeur to its release date. Therefore, purchasing wines during En Primeur can be a great investment, and is the best way to secure premium wines at a more affordable price before it is influenced by the market.
Terms & Conditions
- All 2019 En Primeur orders are subject to stock availability and to our written order confirmation.
- All En Primeur orders are not eligible for promotional offers, discounts, or Club 1855 reward privileges such as reward points.
- Vouchers issued by 1855 The Bottle Shop are not valid for En Primeur orders.
- In the event where Credit Card/PayPal payments have been processed for out-of-stock items, customers will be refunded the value of the out-of-stock items.
- For Bank Transfer/PayNow payments, customers have to make full payment within 1 working day of receiving written confirmation from 1855 The Bottle Shop to finalise the order. If the order is not paid within 1 day, 1855 The Bottle Shop will cancel the order and allocations will be released.
- For Bank Transfer/PayNow payments, a 2% rebate will be offered. This rebate will be used to offset balance payment in 2022.
- Original wooden cases (OWC) will only be guaranteed for orders of 6 or 12 bottles (or increments of 6 or 12) for each individual label.
- All 2019 En Primeur prices are quoted in Singapore Dollars (ex-cellar in Bordeaux), excluding freight, insurance, alcohol duty & goods and services tax (GST).
- Delivery of wines will occur in approximately second/third quarter of 2022, when the bottled wines are released. Customers will be notified of approximate delivery date 2 months in advance. Wines will be delivered to a Singapore address only.
- Prior to delivery of wines, an additional amount (approximately S$20.00 per 750ml bottle) will be invoiced to customers in order to cover shipping charges, insurance, handling and alcohol duty. GST at the prevailing rate then will also be levied on the total imported value of the wines.
- 1855 The Bottle Shop will store the wines for customers for up to 30 days from the advised delivery date. Additional storage charges will apply if customers fail to collect the wines within 30 days from the advised delivery date.
- Any shortage, damage or incorrect delivery should be reported within 24 hours upon receipt of goods.