What is En Primeur
"EN-PRIMEUR" is a French wine trade term for wine which is sold as a 'future', i.e. before it is bottled. Wines purchased during the En Primeur offer period will be noticedably lower than after they are bottled. En Primeur wines can possibly be a great investment as the value of wines may increase by the folds in 2 years from En Primeur to its release date. Purchasing wines during En Primeur is probably the only way to secure premium wines at a reasonable price before the price is influenced by the market.
Terms and conditions
- All 2018 En Primeur orders are subject to stock availability and to our written order confirmation.
- All En Primeur orders are not eligible for promotional offers, discounts, or Club 1855 reward privileges such as reward points.
- In the event where Credit Card/Paypal payments have been processed for out-of-stock items, customers will be refunded the value of the out-of-stock items.
- For Bank Transfer Payments, Customers have to make full payment within 1 working day of receiving written confirmation from 1855 The Bottle Shop to finalize the order. If the order is not paid within 1 day, 1855 The Bottle Shop will cancel the order and allocations will be released.
- Original wooden cases (OWC) will only be guaranteed for orders of 6 or 12 bottles (or increments of 6 or 12) for each individual label.
- All 2018 En Primeur prices are quoted in Singapore Dollars (ex-cellar in Bordeaux), excluding Freight/Insurance/Alcohol duty & Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- Delivery of wines will occur in approximately second/third quarter of 2021, when the bottled wines are released.
- Wines to be delivered to a Singapore Address only. Customers will be notified of approximate delivery date 2 months in advance
- Prior to delivery of wines, an additional amount (Approximately S$20.00 per 750ml bottle) will be invoiced to customer in 2021 in order to cover shipping charges, insurance, handling and alcohol duty. GST at the prevailling rate then will also be levied on the total imported value of the wines.
- 1855 The Bottle Shop will store the wines for customers for up to 30 days from date of advised delivery date. Additional storage charges will apply if customers fail to collect wines after 30 days of advised delivery date.
- Any shortage, damage or incorrect delivery should be lodged within 24 hours upon receipt of goods.