Source: 230, The Wine Advocate, Date Tasted: 28th Apr 2017,
The 2016 Clos du Marquis was picked from 30 September to 19 October and consists of 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 24% Merlot and 3% Cabernet Franc, matured in 55% new oak. Yields came in at 40 hectoliters per hectare and the alcohol at 13.55%. The bouquet is very intense at the moment with small black cherries, incense, iris and a touch of shucked oyster shells. The palate is beautiful, perhaps one of the most powerful that I came across in Saint Julien, certainly no shy retiring flower, yet it effortlessly manages to retain the precision and tension one expects from this cru. There is a firm back bone here, but the tannins are so precise that you barely notice, while the aftertaste has superb salinity. This is a majestic Clos du Marquis, but it will require several years in the cellar.
Drink Date: 2025 - 2055
Terms and conditions
1. The Total minimum purchase required for an order is 6 bottles of 750ml bottles.
2. All En Primeur orders are subjected to stock availability and to our written order confirmation.
3. In the event where Credit Card/Paypal payments have been processed for out-of-stock items, customers will be refunded the value of the out-of-stock items.
4. For Bank Transfer Payments, Customers have to make full payment within 2 working days of receiving written confirmation from 1855 The Bottle Shop to finalize the order. If the order is not paid within 2 days, 1855 The Bottle Shop will cancel the order.
5. All En Primeur prices are quoted in Singapore Dollars (ex-cellar in Bordeaux), excluding any Goods and Services Tax (GST). Prices are subject to changes without prior notice.
6.Delivery of wines will occur in approximately second/third quarter of 2019, when the bottled wines are released. Customers will be notified of approximate delivery date 3 months in advance
7.1855 The Bottle Shop will store the wines for customers for up to 30 days from date of advised delivery date.
8. For delivery in Singapore, an additional amount (Approximately S$20.00 per 750ml bottle) will be invoiced to customer in 2019 in order to cover shipping charges, insurance, handling and alcohol duty. GST at the prevailling rate then will also be levied on the total imported value of the wines.
9. All payment made are not refundable (apart from out-of-stock items) and 1855 The Bottle Shop reserves the right to cancel unpaid orders at any time after payment due dates.