Source: 230, The Wine Advocate, Date Tasted: 28th Apr 2017,
The 2016 Tour Saint-Christophe, the Saint Emilion estate of Peter Kwok whose eye-catching terraced vineyard looks upon Barde-Haut from the other side of the valley, is a blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc picked between 5-23 October and matured in 40% new oak. It has a sensual bouquet with black cherries and cassis scents, the new oak neatly integrated. The palate is medium-bodied with sweet and supple tannin, a little richer than the 2015 and yet still managing to translate the terroir with aplomb. Tasted twice, one bottle showed a little more precision than the other, but I remain confident that this will turn into a Saint Emilion worth investigating.
Drink Date: 2023 - 2040
Terms and conditions
1. The Total minimum purchase required for an order is 6 bottles of 750ml bottles.
2. All En Primeur orders are subjected to stock availability and to our written order confirmation.
3. In the event where Credit Card/Paypal payments have been processed for out-of-stock items, customers will be refunded the value of the out-of-stock items.
4. For Bank Transfer Payments, Customers have to make full payment within 2 working days of receiving written confirmation from 1855 The Bottle Shop to finalize the order. If the order is not paid within 2 days, 1855 The Bottle Shop will cancel the order.
5. All En Primeur prices are quoted in Singapore Dollars (ex-cellar in Bordeaux), excluding any Goods and Services Tax (GST). Prices are subject to changes without prior notice.
6.Delivery of wines will occur in approximately second/third quarter of 2019, when the bottled wines are released. Customers will be notified of approximate delivery date 3 months in advance
7.1855 The Bottle Shop will store the wines for customers for up to 30 days from date of advised delivery date.
8. For delivery in Singapore, an additional amount (Approximately S$20.00 per 750ml bottle) will be invoiced to customer in 2019 in order to cover shipping charges, insurance, handling and alcohol duty. GST at the prevailling rate then will also be levied on the total imported value of the wines.
9. All payment made are not refundable (apart from out-of-stock items) and 1855 The Bottle Shop reserves the right to cancel unpaid orders at any time after payment due dates.