Source: 230, The Wine Advocate, Date Tasted: 28th Apr 2017,
The 2016 Pavie-Macquin is a blend of 82% Merlot, 16% Cabernet Franc and 2% Cabernet Sauvignon matured in 50% new oak, picked from 7 October (with the young Merlot vines) until 22 October. The pH is 3.35 and it has 14.4% alcohol. I appreciate the intensity of this Pavie-Macquin. This is no shy retiring flower but comes out with cylinders pumping while maintaining the delineation, the detail that you look for. The palate is smooth and sensual on the entry, velvety in texture with plenty of luscious red berry fruit, vanilla and a hint of blueberry. It glides across the palate, the new oak neatly integrated. This is easily my pick of Nicolas Thienpont's 2016s and one of the best Pavie-Macquins that I have tasted at this stage.
Terms and conditions
1. The Total minimum purchase required for an order is 6 bottles of 750ml bottles.
2. All En Primeur orders are subjected to stock availability and to our written order confirmation.
3. In the event where Credit Card/Paypal payments have been processed for out-of-stock items, customers will be refunded the value of the out-of-stock items.
4. For Bank Transfer Payments, Customers have to make full payment within 2 working days of receiving written confirmation from 1855 The Bottle Shop to finalize the order. If the order is not paid within 2 days, 1855 The Bottle Shop will cancel the order.
5. All En Primeur prices are quoted in Singapore Dollars (ex-cellar in Bordeaux), excluding any Goods and Services Tax (GST). Prices are subject to changes without prior notice.
6.Delivery of wines will occur in approximately second/third quarter of 2019, when the bottled wines are released. Customers will be notified of approximate delivery date 3 months in advance
7.1855 The Bottle Shop will store the wines for customers for up to 30 days from date of advised delivery date.
8. For delivery in Singapore, an additional amount (Approximately S$20.00 per 750ml bottle) will be invoiced to customer in 2019 in order to cover shipping charges, insurance, handling and alcohol duty. GST at the prevailling rate then will also be levied on the total imported value of the wines.
9. All payment made are not refundable (apart from out-of-stock items) and 1855 The Bottle Shop reserves the right to cancel unpaid orders at any time after payment due dates.