Source: 230, The Wine Advocate, Date Tasted: 28th Apr 2017,
The 2016 Pavie is a blend of 60% Merlot, 22% Cabernet Franc and 18% Cabernet Sauvignon cropped at 38 hectoliters per hectare between 10 and 20 October. The alcohol this year is 14.55%, and it is matured in 80% new oak and 20% one-year-old wood. As Gérard Perse explained, this is a Pavie that has taken stock and shifted in direction in recent years, reflecting more of its exceptional terroir instead of winemaking. It has a very intense bouquet that is extremely well-defined and shrugs off that higher alcohol level. You can find the graphite vein courtesy of the Cabernet Sauvignon and the underlying tension, while a second bottle had a soupçon more florality. The palate is medium-bodied with succulent, ripe, supple tannins that gently caress the mouth. It feels beguiling and charming, totally different in style compared to say Cheval Blanc, offering a more sensual take on the 2016 growing season. It is a very impressive follow-up to the 2015 Pavie and may surpass it once in bottle.
Terms and conditions
1. The Total minimum purchase required for an order is 6 bottles of 750ml bottles.
2. All En Primeur orders are subjected to stock availability and to our written order confirmation.
3. In the event where Credit Card/Paypal payments have been processed for out-of-stock items, customers will be refunded the value of the out-of-stock items.
4. For Bank Transfer Payments, Customers have to make full payment within 2 working days of receiving written confirmation from 1855 The Bottle Shop to finalize the order. If the order is not paid within 2 days, 1855 The Bottle Shop will cancel the order.
5. All En Primeur prices are quoted in Singapore Dollars (ex-cellar in Bordeaux), excluding any Goods and Services Tax (GST). Prices are subject to changes without prior notice.
6.Delivery of wines will occur in approximately second/third quarter of 2019, when the bottled wines are released. Customers will be notified of approximate delivery date 3 months in advance
7.1855 The Bottle Shop will store the wines for customers for up to 30 days from date of advised delivery date.
8. For delivery in Singapore, an additional amount (Approximately S$20.00 per 750ml bottle) will be invoiced to customer in 2019 in order to cover shipping charges, insurance, handling and alcohol duty. GST at the prevailling rate then will also be levied on the total imported value of the wines.
9. All payment made are not refundable (apart from out-of-stock items) and 1855 The Bottle Shop reserves the right to cancel unpaid orders at any time after payment due dates.