Source: 230, The Wine Advocate, Date Tasted: 28th Apr 2017,
The 2016 Le Gay is a blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc cropped at 27 hectoliters per hectare between 27 September and 14 October, matured in 100% new oak. The nose handles the new oak in stride with very pure, almost Côtes de Nuits-like red cherry and strawberry fruit, a patina of vanilla emanating from the wood. The palate is silky smooth on the entry with black cherry and blueberry fruit, a fine line of acidity, very polished in style with a gentle grip on the finish. Le Gay hit the high spots in the previous two vintages. I am not sure if in 2016 it quite reaches those levels, although it is still a sensual wine that should age with style over the next 15-20 years.
Terms and conditions
1. The Total minimum purchase required for an order is 6 bottles of 750ml bottles.
2. All En Primeur orders are subjected to stock availability and to our written order confirmation.
3. In the event where Credit Card/Paypal payments have been processed for out-of-stock items, customers will be refunded the value of the out-of-stock items.
4. For Bank Transfer Payments, Customers have to make full payment within 2 working days of receiving written confirmation from 1855 The Bottle Shop to finalize the order. If the order is not paid within 2 days, 1855 The Bottle Shop will cancel the order.
5. All En Primeur prices are quoted in Singapore Dollars (ex-cellar in Bordeaux), excluding any Goods and Services Tax (GST). Prices are subject to changes without prior notice.
6.Delivery of wines will occur in approximately second/third quarter of 2019, when the bottled wines are released. Customers will be notified of approximate delivery date 3 months in advance
7.1855 The Bottle Shop will store the wines for customers for up to 30 days from date of advised delivery date.
8. For delivery in Singapore, an additional amount (Approximately S$20.00 per 750ml bottle) will be invoiced to customer in 2019 in order to cover shipping charges, insurance, handling and alcohol duty. GST at the prevailling rate then will also be levied on the total imported value of the wines.
9. All payment made are not refundable (apart from out-of-stock items) and 1855 The Bottle Shop reserves the right to cancel unpaid orders at any time after payment due dates.