Source: 230, The Wine Advocate, Date Tasted: 28th Apr 2017,
The 2016 Clerc Milon is a blend of 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 29% Merlot, 13% Cabernet Franc, 2% Petit Verdot and 1% Carmenere (the latter vinification intégrale, so that it includes 50% of the stems, and Philippe Dhalluin said he was pleased with the results). It has a very pure bouquet, a mixture of red and black fruit, a touch of cedar and ash in the background. It takes time to really unfold in the glass. The palate is adorable: svelte tannin, beautifully pitched acidity, great depth with a silky smooth finish that just caresses the mouth. There is a little tightness here compared to the more expressive 2016 d'Armailhac, but I have no doubt that it will turn into a top-flight Clerc-Milon.
Drink Date: 2023 - 2050
Terms and conditions
1. The Total minimum purchase required for an order is 6 bottles of 750ml bottles.
2. All En Primeur orders are subjected to stock availability and to our written order confirmation.
3. In the event where Credit Card/Paypal payments have been processed for out-of-stock items, customers will be refunded the value of the out-of-stock items.
4. For Bank Transfer Payments, Customers have to make full payment within 2 working days of receiving written confirmation from 1855 The Bottle Shop to finalize the order. If the order is not paid within 2 days, 1855 The Bottle Shop will cancel the order.
5. All En Primeur prices are quoted in Singapore Dollars (ex-cellar in Bordeaux), excluding any Goods and Services Tax (GST). Prices are subject to changes without prior notice.
6.Delivery of wines will occur in approximately second/third quarter of 2019, when the bottled wines are released. Customers will be notified of approximate delivery date 3 months in advance
7.1855 The Bottle Shop will store the wines for customers for up to 30 days from date of advised delivery date.
8. For delivery in Singapore, an additional amount (Approximately S$20.00 per 750ml bottle) will be invoiced to customer in 2019 in order to cover shipping charges, insurance, handling and alcohol duty. GST at the prevailling rate then will also be levied on the total imported value of the wines.
9. All payment made are not refundable (apart from out-of-stock items) and 1855 The Bottle Shop reserves the right to cancel unpaid orders at any time after payment due dates.